It’s been a very strange and chaotic six months since my last post. If you’ve been waiting for an update, good news! It’s finally here!
As the weeks have gone by, I’ve delved deeper into my rewrites for Final Hope. And I was making good progress, too. That is, until I crossed paths with the dreaded Chapter Eight.
It didn’t start out bad. In fact, Chapter Eight was looking good at first. I was halfway through the chapter and I was rocking the word count at an alarming rate. Then, just as I was beginning to think I had the whole thing in the bag, things got weird.
When I had the first idea for Chlorophyllium 9 as a short story in 2008, it was a flash of inspiration, but just a tiny snippet of the story as a whole. Like a glimpse at a scene, I knew there were several more layers to uncover before the rest of the idea revealed itself. But that one image has remained the heart of the story, even as it’s grown to almost novel length.
I intended to cover this topic in my last post, but I’ve been running into some issues with Cornerstone lately and it looks like most of the section I wrote didn’t end up going live. So, instead of crying over words that have slipped into the ether, I decided I’d just write another post to cover my recent decision to change the titles of my upcoming books. For those of you who’ve been following along, I was going to release the first book (or novella, depending on the length it finishes out at) in the Chlorophyllium Collection here pretty soon. The title of that work was Distant Worlds, with the following entry in the series titled as Final Hope. Recently, … Read More